Friday, April 11, 2014

Assignment 2- "Monograms" [Introduction]

Our new assignment started right after submitted our first assignment. (๑•́ ₃ •̀๑)

So for our 2nd assignment, we can create our own monograms logos using our own initials just like creating our own branding logo! Our pretty, Ms. Lisa had shown us some examples of the monograms.
Edited by me.

Then she gave us 2 hours to go to the library and search books for some monographs and pick 6 difference patterns which we prefer the most. Although Google is out BFF (best friend forever), this time we will need to bond some relationship with the books in the library too. The reason we choose some design and monographs from the books is to identity what theme and styles suits us. We shown the design that we prefer to the whole class and Ms.Lisa, and discuss together about our design and exchange opinions.

I couldn't believed that my theme was "Feminine"!  (º ロ º๑) 

It supposed to be either mysterious or evil because the fonts that I prefer and showed them was a little like 'signature-style' or handwriting-style or doctor's handwriting style that have swirl like swing. In my view, I do think that a words that have many swirl is like an illusion, because sometimes when we add too much and too complicated, we might not be able to identified the actual alphabet of the words. (๑><๑) For example,


 Here's the design that I picked from the books and known it as 'feminine' theme.
These are actually called cursive writing if not mistaken. :3

Most of my friends said I'm doesn't suit for the feminine theme and they said.....I'M EVIL ! :P
To be honest, I couldn't find the design that I prefer the most in the library books. It looks something like this..



I actually got my own design of fonts which I had created myself. hehe :)


So anyway, Ms. Lisa told us to think.. just think first for like 10 designs based on our new theme and sketch it during the next class. When our design get approve by Ms.Lisa, we'll start the print making it onto 6 different mediums. It can be in T-shirts, umbrellas, bags and so on. The 2nd part of this assignment is to make it into a pattern and also a poster about our logo.


=================PREPARE-FOR-THE-WAR==================
Teehee :)


No comments:

Post a Comment