Thursday, April 17, 2014

Assignment 2- "Monograms" [Sketching]

We started to do the sketching of our own monograms using our initials. It is fun to do but also quite challenging. So basically my initials are GSJ but I tend to use my nickname which is Jessica Gan which is more make sense when introducing to people. Then my initials changed to J.G :)

Here's what I came out with, not only J.G, but also S.J.


Ms.Lisa picked two sketches and wanted me to explore more from these two design;



I'm truly sorry, Ms.Lisa that I couldn't give more ideas and sketches during class. :( Now that I know, it's really not easy to create a new monograms or logos. At first I thought it was simple, so I'm being very picky and comment a lot on other symbols and logos. To make a good logos or monograms, it has to take much effort and sketches to do it but not just sketch it. It has to have meanings behind it. :)

After the class, I felt really frustrated that I couldn't make more sketches and ideas. So I went back and keep on trying hard and explore more so that I could think more of awesome monograms.


No comments:

Post a Comment