Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Assignment 2- "Monograms Part 2"- [Poster & Pattern]

All of us started to move on to the part 2 of the monogram assignment and that is poster and pattern. The requirement for this assignment is that we have to make both of our poster and pattern in an A3 size paper and stick it on a A2 size mounting board as a frame. For the pattern, pretty Ms. Lisa advised us to work on an A2 size first, and find the spot that we think it looks better and cut it out into A3 size.

I had done some sketches for my patterns and one for my poster since I'm not that good on it. Ms. Lisa chose the horizontal-type for my poster.



As for my pattern, Ms. Lisa chose the fourth one at first because it can become continues but unfortunately, it couldn't join it that well because there is a hole at the bottom. So in the end, Ms. Lisa called me go for the second one



Then, I started to draw it out first on the tracing paper and also the transparent paper.



Then I cut it out..




Later on, I try to design it on a tracing paper to see which pattern give the best feel for the final outcome. This is like the continues pattern in a row.

 Continues pattern

As for this is the joint part was different so it would looks like a bee hives for the final outcome.

Bee hive pattern? :)

I think I will go for the continues pattern. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment