Sunday, April 27, 2014

Assignment 2- "Monograms"- [Finalizing]

I had sketched plenty of monograms using my own initials to let Ms. Lisa see since previous week I only had few ideas to show. Here's the sketches:


Ms. Lisa liked this three designs most and asked me to explore more from it. So I stared to work on it. These it the 'evolution' of the first chosen design..

Triangle-shape JG into trapezium-shape then into rectangle-shape JG initials

Hexagon-shape JG evolution into round-shape JG initials

I drew it on a piece of graph paper to measure the size correctly. When drawing on the graph paper, Ms.Lisa changed my design into a bold line heart-shape design and I think this is better than my previous one. Ms. Lisa is too awesome! :D  However, I still have to explore to see if there's any more possibility to make it more perfect.

Hexagon-shape JG into heart-shape JG initials

I added some lines that are thinner but it will be difficult for me when doing stencil. So, to make my life easier as what Ms.Lisa told me, I changed the line bold again and slightly make a little hole at the bottom of the heart-shape. So the outcome would be like this;


Ms. Lisa finalized my design and I started to photocopied it in different sizes. Since we are printing this onto six different mediums, I needed to print whether which size fitted which mediums the best but I'm not too sure what I should print on it later, I photocopied it by increasing 10% constantly.. It started with 50% of the size, then it goes like, 60%, 70%, 80%, 90%, 100%, 110%, 120%, until 360%.  ( .___.)"


No comments:

Post a Comment