Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Assignment 2- "Monograms"- [Stenciling] Part 1

To be honest, before doing this, I thought about that is this the same method that we used for our paper cutout assignments? IT IS! (I think) :P

So tomorrow, we're going to print our monograms on six different mediums that we choose. We have to get our stencils done by today before its too late to apologize~ ♩ ♪ ♫ We can use fabric paint, acrylic, or spray to make it on our chosen mediums.


As a designer (future), we have to be wise and take wise move so that we don't feel burden. Ms. Lisa told us that we don't need to draw out different sizes of our monograms, we just need to photocopy different sizes.


Make Your Life Easier~ :D

Therefore, I think I'm not wise enough. As I said before, I printed many different sizes of my monogram because I'm not sure which sizes suits my six mediums. This can counted as not-wise movement..
Starting from size 50-380% of my monograms

Anyway, I start cutting the shape out of the graph paper and tracing the outline on transparent paper as stencils. Cutting on the transparent paper is really need some skills. The difficulties was like one level higher than the paper cutout since the transparent paper is a plastic, it's quite hard to cut. I managed to cut out the shape but it looks horrible as you can see..


Later on, I tried to cut on my acid-free drawing paper and I managed to cut out nicely but not a perfect cut.

Ooopss.. left out my monograms on the picture.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment