Saturday, June 21, 2014

Assignment 4- Painting To Music!!

So this was the last assignment for 2D design and also last class with Ms. Lisa. Time flies toooooooo fast! :(
It's like a blink of an eye and it's already June... We're definitely gonna enjoy this last class together with Ms.Lisa. :)

For this assignment, we were told to bring painting materials, two A2 sized (or bigger) of canvases/ watercolor paper, other necessary items that we need when painting and we were free to use any kind of drawing technique. Another important thing is music playlist that students prepared the contemporary music and Ms. Lisa prepared classical music.

After everyone found their spot, we started by closing our eyes and listen to the song for at least 60 seconds, and when we're ready, we can just start painting on our blank paper. We shouldn't think! The objectives of this assignment is we should let it go, empty our mind and just feel the rhythm~  :)

I used poster color and watercolor paper for the contemporary music. I splashed some water on the watercolor paper and also play around with it by using it to draw a invisible line so that the colors that I'm gonna apply on it later will follow the flow of the water. :)


The songs played from Danny's playlist contained different kind of music like sad, happy, sentimental, rock and so on. This gave me a feeling that I should play around all the colors and put everything into one since the song keep on changing after one, the feelings and emotional changed as well. 

I didn't plan it to paint an eye for this but... I just did :x

When I heard the music changed into a very sad song, I'll change my color to black and dark blue onto my paint. I hold my paper up to make the color flow it naturally like tears. I also splash the colors here and there because there's some music that gave a powerful and energetic feels.

Here's the final outcome for the painting to contemporary music;


We had a short break before started our next painting to classical music and music are prepared by Ms. Lisa. To be honest.. I LOVE CLASSICAL MUSIC!! I learned piano before and most of song that we need to play for practice and also examination was classical music.

I used watercolor paper and acrylic for the classical music. :)

The moment when I hear the music, I felt really happy and ease, and also make me calm my mind. But the funny thing is that my head keep on popping out those symphony orchestra image and I was like being as a conductor for a moment. :P 


I started with the upper left there which is a combination of green, blue and yellow colors and a few red color dots on it because during the first classical music, their rhythm was very lively, we called it as Allegro in Italian musical terms, it's like walking happily at the park but then there's a tricky pitch and also an explosion tone that are getting louder (Crescendo) for awhile which make me to choose red color as the highlight. 

When it comes to the next music, the melody was like a swirl and it goes round and round with a very soft pitch. I was like so into the music and totally following the flow of the rhythm so that's why there's a four circle with mixed colors to symbolize different expression of the classical musics and also myself. Actually, if you focus more to the four circle, you can actually see it that they're actually look like the music notes, quaver and semibreve. I just realized after I completed the painting. As for the bottom part was a wave just like the melody. Sometimes getting louder and sometimes getting softer. This was also symbolized as life that sometimes happy, sometimes sad, sometimes life is hard to move on, and sometimes it goes smoothly. That is why most of the people said that  'Music Is Life', ' No Music, No Life'. There's no consistent in everything. And that is the reason why the wave had many different colors and also created many new colors inside it that it couldn't directly buy it from art store.

I also added gold color because in my opinion, classical music is the best and precious like gold. lol :)
The outcome may seems to be very complicated and messy yet it wont be as complicated as life and every detail, every color, every strokes of the line have a meaning. :)

It was a good experience after all. I really appreciate what Ms.Lisa had taught for my one year of Foundation. Thank you for guiding and teaching us in Principle of Design subject and also 2 Dimensional Design subject. I learned a lot of new skills and techniques, and also improved some of my amateur skills. Last but no least, I gained many new experience. :)

Once again, thank you so much Ms.Lisa, and I wish you all the best too as you head to London in the future! :) 

-XOXO-


GAN SZE JIA
0315877
FID JULY'13, SEM 2
FIN
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

feel free to check out my previous work at----> http://designjoyfun.blogspot.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment